Get informed. Get on board. Together we can do this!
A REWARDING EXPERIENCE
Not only will you feel good about contributing important knowledge toward the creation of an HIV-free future, but we will also compensate you for your time and effort. Each study varies, but we offer an average of $750 to any subject taking part in this study.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
We understand there might be some anxiety about participating in a study like this, but please know that we always have your safety first and foremost in mind. Below is our code of commitment to you:
- We do all that is possible to ensure your safety.
- We keep your information confidential.
- We keep our volunteers informed about all issues regarding the vaccine study.
- We make every endeavor for our vaccine participants to represent the diversity of our community at large.
- We endeavor to make this an enjoyable and pleasant experience. We provide a warm and friendly environment for you.
- We respect individual lifestyles, cultures and rights.
- We provide interpreters, as needed.
THIS STUDY DOES NOT USE THE HIV VIRUS
If there is one fact we hope you understand, it is this: this study does not ever use an active HIV virus. In fact, it does not use a virus at all. Scientists have created synthetic molecules that— once injected into the bloodstream—trick your immune response into thinking it is fighting a virus. That is the goal of this project: to see if we can convince your body that it is fighting HIV without HIV ever being present.
YOU WILL NOT BE RECEIVING AN ACTUAL VACCINE
The synthetic molecules we use in this study are simply the building blocks of a vaccine—they will tell us if a future vaccine will actually work—but it is not a vaccine itself.
IMPORTANT: You will not be protected from HIV by taking part in this study.
An HIV vaccine is our goal, but it is not yet our reality. One day a simple shot will protect everyone against HIV. Today is not yet that day, but it is a day we are all working toward.